Migos ft. Drake - Versace
I understand pop music is pop music and it isn’t necessarily highbrow. But at some point in the not-so-distant past, real hip-hop artists were selling boatloads of records.
- Eric B. & Rakim went platinum
- Big Daddy Kane had two gold records
- Gang Starr had a gold record
- Biz Markie had a gold record
- Wu-Tang Clan and its individual members have multiple platinum and gold records
And on and on…You get the point. Quality artists with big record sales. They existed. So what happened? Why did I just hear a car zoom by my apartment with the musical refrain "versace versace versace" blaring from its speakers? Is this really what its come to?
(Source: fitoraemusic, via 2-much--soul)